Monday, October 18, 2004

Paternal

- I don't think that I've seen so many in one place at once, said the doctor.
- No, said Paul, I have done what I can to create a good environment for them. I have found that you need to be really careful with chemicals, and I have stopped smoking.
The doctor leaned forward to take a closer look, and one of his blond locks of hair fell over his eye. He took a quick step backwards, alarmed.
- I don't think you need to worry. Normally, they don't attack.
The doctor smiled but did not move closer again.
- Could you please tell me how this started?
Paul started from the beginning, talking about the void he had felt in his life, and how he had come to realize that it might be the physical impossibility of carrying a baby in his body that made him feel so bad.
- Then I read this book, Värddjuret, about a woman carrying butterfly larvae in her thigh. She was in Borneo when the insects entered her body. I could not afford the trip, so I had to come up with another idea. I meet a lot of children through my work and that's how I came up with this.
- Ah, well, I think I understand why you started this. But why head lice?
- It seemed like a cool idea at the time. But now I've decided to get a dobermann instead. Nuke the itchy bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home