Thursday, July 29, 2004

Friendly fire

François was the kind of man women turn to when looking for revenge sex. He was a neat, clean person, always polite and very discreet. So far he had been asked three times, and he had always accepted – why not, he was free and single and, let’s admit it, very lonely.
Now he was sitting in his car outside the woman’s house in Rixensaart, waiting for her to come out. They had planned to go directly to his place after work, but then she had remembered that she needed something from home and he had offered to make the detour.
He had already waited more than twenty minutes when she came out; she was radiating excitement, relief and happiness and had a completely new spring in her steps.
- François, she smiled as she entered the car, my husband was there and I told him exactly what I was going to do. And can you believe it, he hugged me and said that he can’t blame me after I discovered his relation with another woman, but he wants me to take care and he hopes that we will very soon find our way back to each other again, because he loves me very much. And he was so sad and it was so beautiful, and I’m so relieved!
François started driving towards the Ring, but he knew what was coming. The woman’s mood was shifting again; he could sense her unease mounting.
- François, perhaps I have been a bit hasty in my desire for revenge. Perhaps we shouldn’t do this.
- You are right, perhaps we have rushed it a bit, François said with a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. Perhaps we should get to know each other a bit better first; we could go out for a meal tonight, instead.
- Yes, that is so kind of you, François, I knew you would take it in a good way! I know this nice little restaurant in Schaerbeek, they make wonderful salads, I could even ask some other friends to come along, this could be a very nice evening out, just wait while I call them…
François kept driving in silence. This was the third time it happened. He was the kind of man women turn to when looking for revenge sex, but not the kind of man women had extra-marital relationships with. There were always men who were more attractive, more clever or more powerful.
He dropped her off at the restaurant and she hardly noticed that he wasn’t going to stay; her friends had already started to arrive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home